The Native Roots Artists Guild is a non-profit community organization dedicated to promoting and supporting Haudenosaunee artists. The guild was founded in 2010 by a group of volunteer artists and is led by a board of directors elected by members artists.
As an all-volunteer organization, the NRAG provides an opportunity for members to expand their skills and creativity in a supportive environment and to volunteer their talents to help the organization.
- Provide atists with educational, networking, sales and marketing opportunities
- Serve as an artist advocate group and protect their social, economic, and professional interests.
- Preserve and revitalize traditional Haudenosaunee art forms.
- Monitor the marketplace for counterfeit goods and ensure that authentic native-made art is sold in an appropriate manner.
- Heighten consumer awareness of Haudenosaunee art and educate consumers to recognize the value and importance of purchasing authentic native-made art.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of issues relevant to the Haudenosaunee arts community.
- Encourage the community, especially youth, to get involved and participate in arts programs and education.
- Raise the local, regional, and national profile of Haudenosaunee artists and traditional cultural art forms.
- listing on online artist directory and annual print member artist directory
- notification of upcoming artist opportunities
- free classes and workshops as determined by member artists
- exhibits to showcase your work
- group marketing and promotion
- networking and mentoring opportunities with other artists
- eligible to vote at NRAG meetings and determine the focus of the Guild’s programs
Inspiring The Next Seven Generations – Pass It On